Florida DOT Appoints 26 Florida Cargo Advisory Board Members
TALLAHASSEE, Florida – The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) announced the appointment of 26 members to the Florida Freight Advisory Committee (FLFAC) in late April.
The FLFAC represents a cross section of public and private freight stakeholders, including the FDOT, representatives of ports, shippers, carriers, freight related associations, the freight industry workforce and local governments.
The Florida Freight Advisory Board includes:
- John Abrams, loves travel stops;
- Joe Arbona, Genesee Wyoming Railway;
- Aubrey Brown, CSX;
- Gene Conrad, Lakeland Linder International Airport;
- William Crowe, Canaveral Port Authority;
- Jaha Cummings, Town of Punta Gorda;
- Kevin Daugherty, Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport;
- Laura DiBella, Port of Florida Pilots Association;
- John Dohm, Florida TransAtlantic Holdings;
- Lauren Farrell, Space Florida;
- Patrick Feeney, Dillon Logistics;
- Dan Liu, Florida Atlantic University;
- Bruce Lyon, Winter Haven Economic Development Council;
- Terri Malone, Escambia County;
- Robert Midgett, Walmart;
- Carol Obermeier, Southwest Florida International Airport;
- Samuel Pearson, UPS;
- Nick Primrose, Jacksonville Port Authority;
- Mike Rubin, Florida Harbors Board;
- Tori Ruminek, Florida Fruit and Vegetable Association;
- Andre Samuel, Enterprise Florida Inc .;
- Gregory Stuart, Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization;
- Alexander Trauger, MetroPlan Orlando;
- Kevin Walford, Miami-Dade Transportation Planning Organization;
- Barbara Wilson, RailUSA LLC; and
- Desiree Wood, REAL Women in Trucking Inc.
According to an FDOT statement, the ministry relies on committee members for their valuable contribution to advancing its mission of providing a safe transportation system that ensures the mobility of people and goods, improves economic prosperity and preserves quality. environment and state communities.
FLFAC advises FDOT on freight priorities, problems, projects and financing needs; serves as a forum for discussion of state decisions affecting the transport of goods; communicates and coordinates regional priorities with other organizations; information sharing between the private and public sectors on freight issues; and helps update the statewide freight plan.