Meera Joshi out – how does this affect trucking issues? Our latest podcast
Meera Joshi is leaving her position at FMCSA. And this departure could have an effect on a number of important issues for truckers.
Click the play button to listen to our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
In a surprise announcement, the interim FMCSA administrator said she was stepping down. Fuel prices are falling further. And Nikola settles down with the SEC.
II. The departure of Meera Joshi and the challenges
As we reported earlier, Meera Joshi has announced her departure from FMCSA. And it could have an effect on issues important to truckers. We’ll cover that – and offer some thoughts on the US DOT’s strategic plan.
III. State problems yesterday and today
We’re going to take a trip down memory lane to compare the issues that were hot at the state level years ago and those that are hot now. Mike Matousek from OOIDA plays for us the roles of Christmas Past, Christmas Present and Christmas Future.
IV. Inflation report could lead federal government to change course
As the federal government and lawmakers arrive on vacation, they are faced with a number of issues, bills yet to be passed, and actions that need to be taken. But all this could well depend on a report that will be released very soon from federal agencies.
Subscribe to the land line now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app or on the Land Line Now page of the Bullhorn website, and click the Follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your mobile plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting January 3, Marty Ellis and the American Trucker Spirit will be at TA in Terrell, TX. It’s at exit 503 from Interstate 20. Find the next Spirit stops here.
- To learn more about state law, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- Check out the most recent notices on the bulletin board.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it is never too late to contact your legislators. You can do this through the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund year round.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to the information needed to operate in the context of the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the Land Line Media website page.
- If you see suspicious activity that does not reach the level of a 911 call, contact the TSA at 1-844-TSA-FRST.
- You can find a location to get your COVID-19 vaccine by entering a zip code on the VaccineFinder.org website, texting your zip code to 438829, or calling 1-800-232-0233.
- Truckers can receive free flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccination coupons. Email the St. Christopher’s Fund at [email protected] or call 865-544-8145.
- If a carrier, shipper, receiver, or broker forces you to violate regulations, document the enforcement action, then call 1-888-DOT-SAFT or file a complaint online in the National Consumer Complaints Database. consumers.